US Medical & Mobility service technicians provide you with top-quality service and repair.
Proper maintenance is about extending the life of your equipment. This means paying attention to any noise and/or loose parts, in order to prevent a problem that could potentially compromise the safety of the equipment. During a maintenance visit we will:
- Remove all soil and other build up from equipment. This will prevent damage to moving parts and allow smooth movement.
- Inspect and tighten the axel and axel plate on wheelchairs. Loose wheelchair axels can snap under the stress of movement.
- Add air to tires when low. Flat or low tires use up excess battery power and make manual wheelchairs hard to push.
- Tighten squeaky nuts and bolts so they don’t fall off or get lost.
- Tighten the seat and backrest of your equipment. A loose seat or backrest can cause posture problems and insufficient body support.
- Clean and perform a functional diagnostic test
- Repair or replace PC boards/joysticks as required
- Repair or replace any broken hardware/switches
- Clean, burnish, or replace controller relays as required
- Calibrate and perform a functional test
For controllers and hand controls we:
- Clean and perform a functional diagnostic testing
- Repair or replace PC boards as required
- Repair or replace any broken hardware
- Clean, burnish, or replace relays as required
- Calibrate and perform a functional test.
Equipment Service Contracts
Maintenance contracts include:
- Annual Cleaning
- A full tune-up every 6 months
- 2 hours of labor on all major repairs (no dispatch fee)
- Minor adjustments
- Consistent safety and maintenance evaluations
- Most work will be done at your location
- 24-hour, on-call priority service for emergencies (rental equipment also available when needed as a backup)
- Parts are charged separately
It is important for your safety to keep your equipment properly maintained. Equipment almost never breaks at a convenient time. With preventative maintenance, service can be scheduled at your convenience and parts can be ordered ahead of time.
Programs for Businesses/Institutions
US Medical & Mobility also offers a package program for institutions. Our technicians can:
- Assess many wheelchairs at the same time
- Provide most immediate repairs
- Order parts ahead of when they will actually be needed
- Obtain feedback and suggestions from the users in a group setting
- Provide detailed records and ID tags for each wheelchair
Contracts are available for 4 or 8 hours of repair time per month, with no additional charge for same day response. Unused hours can be rolled over into remaining months for a period up to a year.
For basic repairs or estimates, please fill out the repair form below. Be sure to include whether or not this is a cash paid repair or if you want to go through your insurance. If you want to use your insurance, you will need a doctor's prescription for equipment repairs where the insurance company provided the equipment initially.